Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A life story, with glitter, spikes and red bottoms.


  Nowadays it's great how we can honor and reward icons of all the domains without waiting. It's the case here of the potential Fashion Icon Christian Louboutin. Why potential? Because we have the immense luck that he's still alive. In world history it's a big advance, Johann Sebastian Bach was discovered almost a hundred after his death, and he lived in impoverished conditions. Today's icons are lucky too, because they are admirably recompensed, but they diserve it. The Louboutin company has now more than 20 years in activity and its history will be alive forever. To me, it is such an aspiration and a role model because he had an incredible idea, a lot of creative skills, and a mix of luck and very hard work. I don't like to call it luck because it's just the consequence of a very hard working spirit which allowed the reward. I first discovered those perfect shoes in my favorite TV show, Gossip Girl, which were Blair's praticly favorite shoes. After that I think I'm suffering what I call the 'Louboutin Fever' or the 'Red Bottom Fever' which consists to paranoid on the color of the bottom of high heels. When I see a pair of them I always search for the red 'touche' which allows me to know it is the special brand. I noticed them on videoclips (Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Madonna...) on films (Burlesque, Morning Glory, The Proposal, Sex and the City...), catwalks, events, Awards... What made me happy was that now there are available for men too! What I only expect is that Mr. Louboutin will continue in the industry and he will surprise me with his talent and creativity.

 Thank you for these years Christian Louboutin.


  Hoy en día está muy bien el fenómeno que permite a los grandes iconos a ser reconocidos y recompensados por su trabajo sin larga espera. Es el caso aquí del icono de moda potencial Christian Louboutin. ¿Porqué potencial? Pues porque tenemos la inmensa suerte de que siga vivo. En la historia del planeta es un gran avance ya que por ejemplo Johann Sebastian Bach solo fue reconocido mas o menos años despues de su muerte y el tuvo que vivir en condiciones paupérrimas. Los iconos mismos tambien tienen suerte ellos, ya que reciben una buena recompensa por su trabajo, y la merecen. La compañia Louboutin ya lleva en funcionamiento mas de 20 años y su historia vivirá para siempre. Para mí, es toda una inspiración y modelo a seguir porque tuvo una increíble idea, un talento muy creativo, y una mezcla de suerte y trabajo muy duro. No me gusta mucho llamarlo suerte la verdad, ya que me parece que es la consecuencia de un duro trabajo, no cae del cielo. Cuando primero oí el nombre de esta marca fue en mi serie de TV preferida, Gossip Girl, que eran los zapatos preferidos de Blair. Despues de eso creo que empecé a padecer lo que llamo la 'Fiebre Louboutin' o 'Fiebre de la suela Roja' que consiste en emparanoiarse con el color de la suela de los tacones. Cuando veo unos, siempre busco esa 'touche' roja debajo delatadora de la célebre marca francesa. Los suelo ver en videoclips (Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Madonna...) en peliculas (Burlesque, Morning Glory, The Proposal, Sex and the City...), pasarelas, eventos, premios... Lo que me hizo feliz también fue que hay linea masculina! Lo único que espero a partir de ahora es que el Señor Louboutin siga en la industria y me siga sorprendiendo con sus creaciones mas talentosas.

Gracias por todos estos años Christian Louboutin.

No comments:

Post a Comment